Nov 11th, 2015 by carlandmike
In 60 Seconds to Live, Carl and Mike get asked the title question along with questions on banishing politicians, time travel, space travel and their best advice in 5 words or less. Tune in as they stumble their way through the following five thought-provoking questions.
What would you think of, if you had 60 seconds left to live?
If you could banish one US politician out of the democratic process for ten years, who would it be?
If you could time travel would you try to alter events of the past?
How soon do you think it'll be before the public is able to travel in space?
What’s your best advice in five words or less?
Got a question for Carl and Mike? Email your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want more Carl and Mike? Check out our website at: http://carlandmike.net for more 5?:5Min episodes, plus the Carl and Mike audio podcast where they have a free-for-all conversation on politics, sex, religion and other things you're not suppose to talk about!
Nov 5th, 2015 by carlandmike
Carl and Mike risk exposing their soft pink underside by answering 5 questions about vulnerability. Questions inspired and asked by Brene Brown, noted researcher on the human condition in her best-selling book Daring Greatly.
- What's worth doing even if you fail?
- What are you all in on?
- What do you do when feeling emotionally exposed?
- Can there be too much vulnerability?
- How do you know if you can trust someone enough to feel vulnerable?
The Power of Vulnerability, Ted Talk by Brene Brown: https://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability?language=en
Brene Brown Home Page: http://brenebrown.com
Got a question for Carl and Mike? Email your questions to: email@example.com
Oct 30th, 2015 by carlandmike
Although we're exploring running for President (see our Platform for America at: http://damnthatmakessense.com) we weren't invited to the recent Republican debate. Never fear, we've taken five key questions or ideologies from the debate and answered them here in five minutes (more or less -- accent on the more).
Tune in as we respond to the GOP ideology by answering the five following questions...
1) What's your greatest weakness?
2) 10% flat tax will skyrocket the deficit how would you make the numbers work?
3) How do you explain that your tax plan is similar to Ted Cruz?
4) Should the retirement age be raised to keep social security solvent?
5) Republicans argue that government rarely works better than the private sector. Hence the need to make govt as small as possible. Why are they wrong?
Got a question for Carl and Mike? Tweet your questions to @carlandmike or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want more Carl and Mike? Visit our website at: http://carlandmike.net to get all episodes of the Carl and Mike podcast where we riff, rant and rave about politics, sex, religion and other subjects we're not supposed to talk about in polite circles.
Oct 23rd, 2015 by carlandmike
On a recent episode of The Ellen Show, Ellen interviewed Bernie Sanders by asking him several questions designed to loosen Bernie up. Candidates often go on talk shows like this to show their more human, playful side. Well since we're exploring running for President and Ellen didn't call us, we've decided to answer five of the questions she asked Bernie to show OUR human side. And to answer them in just five minutes. Tune in as we answer the following five questions...
1) If you had to be stranded on a desert island with one Republican candidate who would it be?
2) If you were at a karaoke bar and had one song to sing, what would it be?
3) If you were a flavor of Ben and Jerrys ice cream what would it be?
4) Have you ever been in handcuffs?
5) What did you want to be when you were a kid?
Got questions for Carl and Mike? Email your questions to: email@example.com or tweet them to us on Twitter @carlandmike
Oct 12th, 2015 by carlandmike
Carl and Mike put on their prognisticator hats on and make 5 predictions in five minutes. Tune in as Carl and Mike answer these 5 questions.
Who will come out of the Democratic debate as the winner?
What year will driverless cars outnumber regular cars?
More likely to happen Trump wins Republican nomination or Sanders winning the Democratic nomination?
Ever have someone predict your future accurately?
Who will be Time magazines person of the year for 2015?
Got a question for Carl and Mike? Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sep 30th, 2015 by carlandmike
In Mother Knows Best, Carl and Mike answer a question about the best advice their Mother gave them. Plus answers to questions about money, religion, the social pecking order and more.Tune in as Carl and Mike try to answer the following five questions in five minutes...
When did you realize your religion wasn't what they said it was?
Best advice your Mother gave you?
Where were you in the social pecking order in high school?
What is the best thing money CAN buy?
Favorite living stand-up comic?
Got a question for Carl and Mike? Any question is fair game. Email your questions to: email@example.com Or Tweet your question(s) to @carlandmike
Want more Carl and Mike? Visit our website at: http://carlandmike.net for full length episodes where Carl and Mike riff, rant and rave on politics, sex and relationships, religion, culture and current events. Subscribe on our website to get show notes and links upon each show’s release delivered right to your inbox.
Sep 24th, 2015 by carlandmike
This episode is a hodgepodge of questions from surviving solitary confinement, to karma, to 9/11 to increasing one's sexual attractiveness. Tune in as Carl and Mike try to answer a hodgepodge of five questions in just five minutes.
1) How many days could you survive in solitary confinement? How would you do it?
2) If karma works, they why are so many corrupt people successful?
3) How are you different now than you were before 9/11?
4) When does the end justify the means?
5) What’s the most effective way to increase your sexual attractiveness?
Got questions for Carl and Mike. Email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet them to @carlandmike
Want more Carl and Mike? Get full audio episodes where Carl and Mike riff, rant and rave on politics, sex, religion and current events at: http://carlandmike.net
Sep 18th, 2015 by carlandmike
In this episode Carl and Mike weigh in on the Paranormal by sharing their opinions and experiences on things beyond scientific understanding. (Insert Twilight Zone Theme). Tune in as they attempt to answer these five otherworldly questions in just five minutes..
1) Who built the pyramids?
2) Do you believe in ghosts?
3) Ever been visited or felt the presence of a loved one whose passed on?
4) Do you have or believe in Guardian Angels?
5) What's the weirdest paranormal thing that happened to you?
Got Questions for Carl and Mike? Email your questions to email@example.com or tweet us on Twitter @carlandmike
Want more Carl and Mike? Visit our website at: http://carlandmike.net for episodes of the Carl and Mike audio podcast where we riff, rant, and rave about politics, sex, religion, and current events.
Sep 16th, 2015 by carlandmike
In All About Trump, Carl and Mike, like all media, are taken over by the power of the Donald. Tune in as they take on 5 questions about Donald Trump and try to answer them in just five minutes.
1) Is Donald Trump awesome or what?
2) What isn’t the Donald the best at?
3) Will Trump be the Republican nominee?
4) What would happen if Trump became President?
5) In a head to head match-up for President, how would you — Carl and Mike — fare against Trump?
Want more Carl and Mike on Trump? Tune into the following Carl and Mike podcast episodes:
Sep 14th, 2015 by carlandmike
In the OR Show, Carl and Mike must decide between five sets of either/or possibilities in just five minutes. Can they navigate their way between five difficult choices? Find out as they tackle these five dichotomies!
1) Cooler guy - Paul Newman OR Johnny Depp?
2) Thai food OR Mexican?
3) East Coast OR West Coast?
4) Best Director — Hitchcock OR Scorsese?
5) Best Stand Up Comic — George Carlin OR Richard Pryor?
Carl and Mike are not really sponsored by hitthebricks.com — when you want that breakup to really hurt call on hitthebricks.com
Got a question for Carl and Mike? Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet them on twitter@carlandmike
Want more Carl and Mike? Get full episodes of the Carl and Mike audio podcast at: http://carlandmike.net
Learn more about Carl and Mike’s Platform for America and their exploration on running for President of the United States at: http://damnthatmakessense.com
Become a Patreon Supporter of Carl and Mike and earn your just rewards. Learn more at: http://isupportcarlandmike.net